Drain Cleaning in Portland, ME
Common Drain Cleaning Methods We Offer
The upkeep of your drains isn’t something you constantly think about. In fact, it’s likely not at the forefront of your mind until there’s an issue. Your drains have a lot to combat with daily use, from hair and soap scum to grease and food particles. Fortunately, the team at Zoom Drain of New England has the knowledge, experience, and patience to remove stubborn clogs once and for all. Offering an array of drain cleaning services for Portland-area homeowners like you, we’ll use an arsenal of state-of-the-art equipment and proven techniques to keep your drainage system functioning efficiently.
Some of the techniques and equipment we utilize include:
- ZOOM DRAIN Bio™ – With this product, we can naturally dissolve hair, soap residue, grease, food, and organic waste with just one use. We utilize ZOOM DRAIN Bio™ for both residential and commercial customers.
- PowerSnake – When you have particularly stubborn and thick drain clogs, we like to use PowerSnake. This potent tool uses cables and a small blade at the end to cut through resilient clogs with ease.
- ZOOM Jetting® – Our Portland, ME, drain cleaning experts fight through clogs using high-pressure water with ZOOM Jetting. We use a hose similar to our PowerSnake to combat obstructions, but this method can keep clogs from coming back.
- Citrajet® – As a low-foaming acid cleaner, Citrajet is highly concentrated yet biodegradable, so it’ll remove clogs without harming the environment. After all, our team tries to use non-toxic products that won’t cause ecological issues in the future.
- RootX® – Drain cleaning becomes much easier and less time-consuming with RootX on our side. We know that roots can find their way into your drains, but this tried-and-true solution is an effective and durable root control method for your pipes.
Reliable & Experienced Drain Plumbers Near You
Our team of qualified and highly trained Portland drain service technicians can help you with laundry drains, kitchen and bathroom drains, garbage disposals, basement drains, storm drains, main drains, and so much more. You can rely on our drain cleaning specialists to clear your drains from the onslaught of debris to keep water flowing smoothly and avoid significant issues.
As a locally owned and operated business in Portland, ME, we care about supporting you—our valued customer—with thorough drain cleaning solutions that last. We use powerful products and advanced tools, such as degreasers, root inhibitors, and cables to detect the problem and remove it quickly, easily, and accurately.
Do you have a warranty? Check out our Zoom Drain Satisfaction Guarantee.
Drain Cleaning FAQs
What are the benefits of high pressure water jetting in Portland?
Our ZOOM Jetting® technology use high pressure water to power through debris, grease, scale, and even roots. Benefits of this high pressure water jetting include:
- Thorough cleaning of your pipes
- Can remove a range of clogs
- Complete residue and scale removal
- Prevents new clogs from forming
- Non-invasive form of drain cleaning
- Environmentally safe
For superior quality results that enhance the health of your drains and the function of your home, trust our Portland, ME, drain cleaning professionals. Do not hesitate to reach out when you're facing an issue with your drain; we're here to help!
How often should I have my drains professionally cleaned?
The frequency at which you should have your drains professionally cleaned can vary depending on several factors, including the type of drain, the usage patterns, and the condition of your plumbing system. However, as a general guideline, it is recommended to have your drains professionally cleaned every 1 to 2 years.
Regular drain cleaning helps prevent clogs, reduce odors, and maintain the overall health of your plumbing system. If you notice any signs of a drainage issue, such as slow draining, recurring clogs, or unpleasant odors, it is advisable to have your drains cleaned sooner rather than later.
Certain situations may warrant more frequent drain cleanings. For example, if you have a large household with several occupants, or if your property is prone to tree root intrusions or other external factors that can lead to frequent blockages, you may need more frequent professional cleaning.
Additionally, specific drains may require more frequent attention. For instance, kitchen drains that often deal with grease and food debris might benefit from more frequent cleanings compared to bathroom drains.
Ultimately, it's best to consult with a professional drain plumber like our team at Zoom Drain of New England who can assess your specific situation and provide tailored recommendations for drain cleaning frequency based on the condition of your plumbing system and your usage patterns.