Sump Pump Installation & Replacement in Portland
Trust Our Sewer Pump Specialists
If your sewer system relies on any kind of pump system to keep wastewater flowing, eventually you will need to replace your unit. A very well-maintained sump pumps can have a lifespan of 8 to 10 years with warranties for around half of their lifespan. However, a pump that gets used heavily or that has suffered some kind of damage may only last 5 years.
If your pumps are coming to the end of their lifespan and require a replacement, our team of sewer specialists can provide fast removal of the old unit and install a new unit in its place. We understand that a sump pump plays a very important role in protecting basements, rooms, and homes from flooding and water damage.
Call (207) 994-5267 for sump pump replacement in Portland, Maine.
Signs of a Failing Sump Pump
There are a few symptoms to watch out for if you are concerned about whether your sump pump is still an effective layer of protection against flooding. Obviously, no one wants their sump pump to be unreliable during an emergency. Be on the lookout for these common signs that your sump pump is reaching the end of its life.
- Loud Noises: If the motor is beginning to whine loudly, this is likely a sign that it will not last much longer.
- Vibrations: If the unit has a damaged impeller, it will rattle and make loud noises as the fan blades attempt to empty water out of the basin.
- Clogs & Frozen Lines: Clogged discharge lines can inflict severe damage quickly by overworking the motor and potentially burning it out.
- Running Sporadically: Something may be wrong with the wiring in your unit if it is turning on and off without clear reasons. This can also indicate that your unit is too weak in terms of horsepower to empty the basin.
- Unit is 7 Years or Older: Older sump pumps will begin to work harder to empty the basin until they are running non-stop and the motor burns out.
Other Pump Replacements
At Zoom Drain of New England, we provide replacement services for just about any pump that hooks up to your sewer system. This includes: sump pumps, drain pumps, sewage ejector pumps, and sewage grinder pumps.
Drain Pump Replacement
Drain pumps have a wide variety of applications in the home. If you need a drain pump installed or replaced in any of your appliances, our team can make it happen.
We can help you replace your drain pump for any of the following plumbing systems:
- Laundry Trays
- Wet Bars
- Garbage Disposals
- Washing Machines
Sewage Ejector Pump Replacement
Sewage pumps are usually installed to move waste through your pipes against gravity. If you are concerned that your sewage ejector pumps are no longer functioning, our team can advise you on when a replacement will be needed.
Ejector pumps can fail when the incorrect pump is installed. Our team can help you select the right pump so that it lasts for its normal lifespan.
Sewage Grinder Pump Replacement
Sewage grinder pumps eliminate waste by grinding up wastewater as it pumps it into the public sewer. Grinder pumps are often installed outdoors but can be installed indoors as well. The units usually runs for increments of 1 to 3 minutes. If you hear your pump running for longer, you may have an issue that needs repair.
Providing Pump Replacement Services in Portland
If you have any questions about replacing your pump or getting a new pump installed, our team can help guide you through the process. Our team specializes exclusively on drain and sewer related issues and are well-versed in sewer pump issues.
Contact (207) 994-5267 for sump pump and sewage pump replacement in Portland, Maine.