Radnor Drain & Sewer Services
Focused, Reliable Solutions from Our Drain Experts
At Zoom Drain of Delaware County, we specialize in nothing but drains and sewer systems. Our focus remains solely on drain cleaning, sewer repairs, and other drain-related services, giving us the comprehensive insight to provide effective solutions to homeowners, restaurant owners and managers, property managers, and even plumbing contractors throughout Radnor and all of Delaware County. Why do customers choose us time and again? We offer flat-rate pricing, meaning you’ll pay by the job, not the hour. You’ll also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with industry-leading warranties and extensively trained drain technicians. For professional drain cleaning in Radnor, the choice is clear—ZOOM DRAIN® delivers the results you want.
Our Drain Cleaning Methods
Our drain specialists excel in providing effective, long-lasting services that keep your drains flowing free and clear of any obstructions. When you choose Zoom Drain of Delaware County, we’ll being by examining your drain to determine the condition of the pipe and the probable cause of the clog. Then we’ll select one of our time-tested drain cleaning methods. Whether your drain is slowing significantly or blocked entirely, trust us to solve the issue.
Based on your specific situation, our Radnor drain cleaning experts may use one of these methods:
- PowerSnake – We take the traditional plumbing snake to the next level. Our PowerSnake involves a flexible steel cable and blade attached to a machine that rotates the cable and blade through the pipe, cutting through clogs and blockages and clearing away gunk from the walls of the pipe.
- ZOOM Jetting® – Water jetting is one of the most effective drain cleaning methods while remaining completely safe for your pipes. Our hydrojetting system blasts high-pressure water jets into your drain line to bust through buildup, clogs, and even tree roots.
- Drain care products – Maintain your clean drain and prevent future clogs with our bacteria-based or enzymatic drain maintenance products. These solutions are eco-friendly and safe for your pipes, unlike many store-bought liquid drain cleaners. We often recommend ZOOM DRAIN Bio™, Citra-Jet, or RootX®, depending on your drains’ specific challenges.
How to Prevent Drain Clogs
Drain clogs rarely happen all at once. Though it’s certainly possible for a toy to become lodged in the garbage disposal or an item of clothing to end up stuck down a toilet drain, household drain clogs are more commonly the result of days, months, or years of buildup. The main culprits often include cooking oils, grease, hair, food particles, and soap scum. It’s virtually impossible to avoid sending any or all of these things down the drain from time to time, but it is important to stay as vigilant as possible.
Our team of specialists will happily provide professional drain cleaning and repairs in Radnor, but as they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. When you know how to fight against drain clogs and buildup, you’ll have a happier, healthier plumbing system in the long run. Our drain experts can give you personalized tips on how to address any challenges specific to your drains, but we’ve put together some general suggestions for avoiding clogs in the future.
Keep these tips in mind to prevent a clogged drain:
- Never pour grease or oil down the drain, as it will coat the pipes and collect debris.
- Do not send food down a drain that does not have a disposal.
- Limit use of an in-sink disposal as a substitute for the garbage or compost, since food particles can build up in drainpipes.
- Use a mesh trap, screen, or grate to catch matter such as hair or food from entering the drainpipe.
- Brush your hair prior to showering or bathing to catch loose hair and limit the amount washing down the drain.
- Never flush anything other than toilet tissue and organic matter down the toilet, not even feminine hygiene products or flushable wipes.
- Do not rinse cement, joint compound, or grout down the drain, because they can harden and create problems within pipes.
- Avoid store-bought chemical drain cleaners; they are not particularly effective and they can cause much bigger problems than they solve due to their corrosive properties.
Though we do not recommend harsh liquid drain cleaners, we often suggest bacteria- and enzyme-based drain care products to maintain your results after a drain cleaning in Radnor. Eco-friendly live cultures eat through the clog-causing organic matter that builds up on the walls of pipes without causing damage to your drains or plumbing system.
Trenchless Sewer Repair in Radnor
Zoom Drain of Delaware County is a trusted provider of sewer repair and sewer replacement in Radnor. Depending on your specific situation, our sewer specialists will recommend the best option for your needs. We have experience performing conventional trenching and excavation methods of sewer repair and replacement safely and effectively, which some situations require. Conventional methods can be fairly invasive and disruptive to your property, however, so we prefer to use trenchless sewer repair whenever possible.
Trenchless sewer repair and replacement in Radnor generally means minimal digging and a shortened project timeline. Based on the scope of your project, we may recommend either our ZOOM PowerPipe™ pipe bursting solution or our ZOOM Pipe Relining. ZOOM PowerPipe™ involves pulling a new pipe into place using a steel cable and small entry and exit points, breaking up the old pipe as we go. ZOOM Pipe Relining is a trenchless repair method that molds an epoxy liner to the existing pipe and allows it to cure in place, essentially replacing the old pipe with a seamless new one. These effective, long-lasting solutions minimize digging and can even be installed beneath foundations and concrete slabs.