Center City Drain & Sewer Services
Expert Drain Cleaning, Inspections & Maintenance
When you have a clogged drain or sewer, it’s important to take care of the problem as soon as possible. But who do you call to make sure the job is done right? Trust the specialists at Zoom Drain of Philadelphia! Our Center City drain cleaning professionals focus exclusively on sewers and drains, so we know just what to look for and how to get to the root of chronic or stubborn clogs. When you call our locally owned and operated drain cleaning company, you’ll benefit from our expert knowledge, industry-leading tools, and quality service that will have your drain and sewer fully operational again in no time.
Signs of Drain Clogs & How to Prevent Them
While drain clogs can be caused suddenly by a single foreign object or mass, they are more often the result of a buildup over time. Matter such as hair, grease, soap scum, feminine hygiene products, and baby wipes can collect within the pipe and block water from flowing freely. Eventually this buildup can block the flow of water altogether.
If you begin to notice any of these signs, it may be time to call our Center City drain cleaning specialists for service:
- Tub or sink fills with water and takes a while to drain
- Water gurgles or backs up from the drain
- Foul sewer odors seem to be coming from the drain
- Drain flies gather or emerge from the drain
- Unusual noises come from the drain
Our team of drain experts at Zoom Drain of Philadelphia can provide professional drain cleaning to clear clogs and get your drains flowing freely again. However, it’s wise to try and avoid clogs in the first place. Use a mesh screen or hair catcher in tub and shower drains, and never pour used cooking grease down the kitchen sink. After a service, our drain specialists can also give you personalized tips to keep freshly cleaned drains free and clear.
Our Drain Cleaning Methods
Slow or clogged drains don’t always require a professional drain cleaning to start flowing again. However, some DIY methods can do more harm than good, so it’s usually a better idea to call in the experts. If you want to try to clear the clog yourself, we recommend sticking to a simple plunger, which can be surprisingly effective for toilets, sinks, and other drains. If a plunger doesn’t clear the blockage, it’s time to trust the professionals.
We do not recommend store-bought liquid drain cleaner. The chemicals in these solutions are generally toxic and corrosive, and they can cause expensive damage to your plumbing system with continued use. On top of that, they aren’t usually very effective. Do your drains a favor and save money and hassle in the long run by calling our drain cleaning specialists in Center City.
Depending on your situation, our drain cleaning methods may include:
- PowerSnake service – Our PowerSnake machine features a flexible steel cable and attached blade, which rotates as it navigates the drain to cut through tough clogs and scrape buildup from the walls of the pipe.
- ZOOM® Jetting service – Also known as water jetting or hydro jetting, highly pressurized streams of water clean out the inside of your pipes, blasting through clogs and eliminating grease, hair, and even tree roots from within, without damaging the drain pipe.
- Enzymatic treatments – After a professional drain cleaning and on an ongoing basis, our eco-friendly enzymes and bacteria-based treatments can keep organic buildup at bay.
Trust Our Center City Drain Experts
At Zoom Drain of Philadelphia, we provide professional drain solutions to residential and commercial customers. Our licensed, highly trained, background-checked drain specialists are committed to keeping the drains and sewers in your home or business clean and clear. We even have a convenient online scheduler available where you can request your preferred appointment date and time. Visit our coupons page to see what money-saving specials we’re offering.