Drain Cleaning in Islip
Quality Service from Professional Drain Specialists
Since we use a lot of water in our homes every day, whether that is while washing clothes, brushing our teeth, or making dinner, we end up flushing away a lot of water through our drains. Often, we don’t think about what we are putting in our drains at the same time, until our drains begin to slow down or stop draining altogether.
Whether you’ve noticed your kitchen sink isn’t draining like it used to, or your toilet needs to be plunged more often than not, it may be time to call a professional. At , we provide reliable and trustworthy drain cleaning services to the locals of Islip and surrounding areas.
Call (516) 344-8632 to get in touch with our drain professionals.
Maintaining Cleared Drains
Whether you have just had your drains cleared of a nasty clog, or you’re looking for tips to prevent future clogs altogether, there are some simple and easy guidelines to follow to protect your drains and plumbing system.
Some things you should consider when it comes to your home or business’s drains:
- Water Temperature – It is important to use hot water at least once a week in all your drains to help breakdown things like grease deposits in all your drains.
- Keep Certain Things Out of Your Drains – Avoid putting things like leftover cooking grease down the drain. It’s essential to ensure that waste such as this is disposed of properly to avoid plumbing system issues. Additionally, avoiding putting items like coffee grounds, eggshells, medication, produce stickers, napkins, and anything else of the sorts – this will help decrease your chance of future clogs.
- Use Drain Traps – To prevent future blockages, drain traps are a must. Non-liquid substances are trapped in these mesh screens to ensure they do not lead to future nightmares for your plumbing system.
If you follow these guidelines, your chance of blockages and clogs being creating in your drains and sewers will decrease significantly.
Common Signs of Drain Problems
Of course, we understand that things don’t always go as planned. It’s important to understand the signs of a clogged drain so you can call the professionals before it turns into a full-blown plumbing emergency.
If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to call a professional:
- Gurgling noises
- Slow or low water pressure
- Toilet needs to be plunged often
- Strange or foul odors emitting from drains
- Puddles of water near bathtub or sink
- Pooling water around the drain opening
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it’s essential to contact our skilled team of drain specialists as soon as possible. Clogged drains should never be ignored or put off until tomorrow.
What About Chemical Drain Cleaners?
We’ve all been there. After getting ready in the morning, you notice your drain is beginning to pool water in the basin. Wasting no time, we reach for the chemical drain cleaner that’s been under our sink for what seems like ages. Although store-bought chemical drain cleaners remain to be one of the most accessible solutions when it comes to clogged drains, they should be avoided.
Chemical drain cleaners are available in a variety of forms including foam, gel, or powder; however, all drain cleaners do the same thing. When these chemicals enter your pipe, they meet the clog and begin to react, causing heat. This heat helps break down the clog so it can be flushed away. Unfortunately, this heat not only affects your clog, but it also affects your pipes – mainly if they are comprised of plastic or older metal.
Some cons of chemical drain cleaners include:
- Health Hazard – Improper use of chemical drain cleaners can cause serious health problems that should not be taken lightly. Since these solutions are created with concentrated chemicals, they can irritate your lungs or eyes. Also, if the chemicals come in contact with your skin, severe burns can occur.
- Pipe Damage – Like mentioned above, the heat generated by the chemicals can have unfortunate effects on the lining of your pipes. If chemical cleaners are used often, your pipes will need to be replaced over time.
- Not a One-Size-Fits-All Solution – Chemical drain cleaners are meant to break down elements such as grease, soap, hair, and other organic waste. If there is something trapped in your drain causing a blockage, such as a tree root, these will prove to be ineffective.
- Non-Eco-Friendly – Portions of chemical drain cleaners have an infamous history of making their way into water sources and ground areas. Unfortunately, the containers used will always have tiny amounts of chemicals left in them that cause significant issues when they hit the landfill.
Although chemical drain cleaners are easy to use and relatively inexpensive, they should be attempted to be avoided. Instead, next time you are experiencing an issue with a clogged or slow-draining drain, turn to our Islip drain and sewer cleaning company at Zoom Drain of Long Island.
Zoom Drain of Long Island Drain Cleaning Methods
At Zoom Drain, we offer a variety of services to clean your drain. When you hire us for our drain cleaning services, we’ll complete a thorough inspection to ensure we have a full understanding of your plumbing system issues as well as what options would work best for you and your system.
Some of the methods we provide into the locals of Islip include:
- PowerSnake Services – Our specialists will run a snake with a blade head through the problem drain to cut directly through obstructions, allowing them to be flushed away. This efficient method will have your water flowing smoothly again in no time.
- Water Jetting Services – We use our ZOOM Jetting® system to blast away debris, sludge, grease, and tree roots. The high-pressure water jetting will make sure nothing stands in the way of your plumbing system to operate normally.
- Drain Cleaning After Care – Before your drains clog, or after you’ve had a cleaning service, it’s crucial to maintain them. We offer a variety of care products, including ZOOM DRAIN Bio™, CitraJet®, and RootX®. These are designed to help you maintain your pipes without causing future damage to your system.
Whether you own a business or home in Islip, our team can find a solution that works for you and your plumbing system. Our professionally trained, experienced, and knowledgeable experts can service virtually any drain on your property. We are dedicated to leaving you with clear and clean drains and full customer satisfaction.
Schedule an appointment or give us a call at (516) 344-8632 to schedule your next drain cleaning service.